Blackboard offers a whole range of on-line learning tools for staff and students which can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. If you are a student, your course tutor will advise you if there is an area on Blackboard specific to your course. If there is then this area may allow you access to course materials, e-mail, discussion boards, on-line tests and much more. Speak to your course tutor to find out more.
Before you can access Blackboard from outside of college, you must logon to a computer at Dudley College/Dudley Sixth or use the "Change my Password" link to the right (See below). This activates your account and enables you to change your password to something more secure.
- Go to https://dudley.blackboard.com/
- Enter your login details using your new password. You username must follow the pattern below:
Username. This will be an 8 digit number that corresponds to your person code (as shown on your ID badge). If your person code is not 8 digits then you should add zeros to the start to make 8 digits. (e.g. if your person code is 345678, your username is 00345678).
- Click on 'OK' and you will be taken to 'My Blackboard' which will list all the areas you have been given access to. Just click on an area to access the resources within it.
You can now change your password and activate your account without using a college computer. This is designed for students who don't come into college such as work based learners.
- Click on the "Change my password" link on the right hand side.
- In the "Sign in" section, enter your login details as printed on the bottom of your enrolment receipt. If you do not have your enrolment receipt, please speak to your tutor who can help you out.
Username. This will be an 8 digit number that corresponds to your person code (as shown on your ID badge). If your person code is not 8 digits then you should add zeros to the start to make 8 digits. (e.g. if your person code is 345678, your username is 00345678)
- Ensure the "Log on to" box states "STUDENTS".
- Click Login.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to change your password and create your security questions.
- Once complete, you can access Blackboard and ProPortal with your new password by clicking the "Login to Blackboard" link on the right hand side.
Have you changed your network password in college?
If no, click here to change your password and activate you your account.
Your initial login details can be found on the bottom of your enrolment receipt or by speaking with your tutor.